We’re very happy to announce that P-GOS® was designated “Ingredient of the Year” at the NutraIngredients Awards in the Infant Nutrition category, last week at Vitafoods Geneva.
The criteria were set in 5 categories:
- Innovation: P-GOS® is the unique, very pure, plant-based GOS available on the infant nutrition market
- Science: P-GOS® is backed by extensive science demonstrating its safety and nutrional benefits
- Market: GOS are widely used in infants formulas, but the only ones available on the market so long were dairy-based - which make them inappropriate for the growing sector of plant-based, lactose-free, hypoallergenic formulas. P-GOS® matches this unmet demand
- Commerciality: Regulatory files have been compiled for Europe and the US and P-GOS® is now ready to market
- Nutrapride: P-GOS®® is extracted using a clean-label process, from a by-product of pea protein industry which was not valorized yet.
Launching a new ingredient dedicated to infant formula requires considerable time and outstanding rigor. The whole Olygose team has worked hard to develop P-GOS®, overcoming technical and regulatory hurdles, and we’re very proud to be able to offer it on the infant nutrition market!